Cardiac Medical Certification (CMC) Preparation Course
This in-depth 2-day preconference is designed specifically to prepare nurses to confidently take the CMC exam. Key areas from the exam blueprint will be thoroughly covered. In addition to certification preparation, there will be an emphasis on linking knowledge to clinical practice, also making this course also ideal for nurses who simply desire to expand their level of cardiac nursing knowledge and skill. The clinical content for the conference will include cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology, patient assessment and monitoring, pharmacology, and interdisciplinary interventions to create a holistic approach to learning. In addition to content specific to certification preparation, nursing competencies as defined in the Synergy Model are strengthened during the course. The teaching approach begins with a solid physiological based foundation and builds critical thinking skills through hands on participation with practice skills, links to clinical practice case examples, and interactive practice questions and discussion. This course extends beyond a basic review of exam content, and moves to the level of preparation of nurses, not only for CMC certification but for excellence in cardiovascular nursing practice at the point of care. Nurses will leave with clinical insights key to successful completion of the certification exam as well as a renewed enthusiasm and commitment for their personal cardiovascular clinical practice.
1. Apply principles of cardiovascular physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and hemodynamic monitoring to the care of the patient with heart failure and shock.
2. Apply principles of cardiovascular pathophysiology, pharmacology, and 12 lead ECG interpretation to the care of the patient with ischemic heart disease and acute coronary syndrome.
3. Apply principles of pulmonary physiology, pathophysiology, and arterial blood gas interpretation to the care of the cardiovascular patient with oxygenation and ventilation problems.
1. Apply principles of arrhythmia interpretation, cardiovascular physiology, pathophysiology, and pharmacology to the care of the patient undergoing cardiac revascularization, electrophysiology procedures, pacemaker insertion, and IABP therapy.
2. Apply principles of cardiovascular physiology, pathophysiology, and pharmacology to the care of the patient with peripheral vascular disease, stroke, cardiomyopathy, valve disease, and inflammatory cardiac disease.
3. Apply principles of renal physiology, pathophysiology, and electrolyte evaluation to the care of the cardiovascular patient with renal disease and electrolyte abnormalities.
16 hours of continuing education will be offered with this program. CNEA is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider Number 15714.
Bring this program to your hospital.
Contact CNEA at info@cardionursing