12 Lead ECG Interpretation: Essential Skills for Clinical Practice
Presented by: Carol Jacobson
This class is an introduction to 12-Lead ECG interpretation for acute and critical care nurses, advanced practice nurses, educators, monitor technicians, and physicians who are responsible for assessing and monitoring cardiac patients in critical care units, telemetry units, emergency departments, and outpatient service areas. Content includes anatomy of a 12 Lead ECG; how leads record electrical activity traveling through the heart; normal and abnormal ECG waveforms and intervals; an easy way to determine the QRS axis and its clinical implications; recognition of right and left bundle branch blocks; ECG recognition, clinical significance, and common complications of anterior, inferior, posterior, lateral, and right ventricular infarction; and identification of myocardial ischemia, unstable angina, and non-ST elevation acute coronary syndrome. Clinical examples and practice ECGs are used to reinforce learning.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify a normal ECG
- Determine the QRS axis from the 12 lead ECG
- State which leads face each surface of the heart.
- Recognize right and left bundle branch block on the 12 lead ECG
- Recognize the presence of anterior, posterior, inferior, lateral, or right ventricular ST elevation myocardial infarction on the 12 lead ECG
- Identify signs of myocardial ischemia and non-ST elevation acute coronary syndrome on the 12 lead ECG.
- Describe how to obtain additional leads to evaluate for right ventricular and posterior wall MI.
6.0 hours of continuing education (contact hours) are offered with this program. CNEA is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number 15714.
Use Firefox as your browser to view course on an iPad or other device.
Click here for course price
Excellence Starts Here
Keep up-to-date with live classes, products, promotions, practice pearls and online courses.
Sign up today and receive a FREE GIFT, an exclusive offer available only to new subscribers:
Top 10 Lessons Learned in over 100 years of Combined Nursing Experience