Cardiac Intensive: Beyond the Basics
Presented by: Karen Marzlin and Cynthia Webner
This 2 day program is a conference like no other cardiac conference. Please join us we take a deep dive into the nuances of cardiovascular disorders – giving new insights into common conditions and situations that may not be so common and creating awareness for problems often overlooked.
This program is for you if you wish to:
- Participate in education to enhance knowledge as an advanced practice provider in the adult and gerontology patient populations with cardiovascular disease. Content is presented at an advanced level aligned with your advanced practice role.
- Participate in education to enhance knowledge as a nurse practicing at the point of care relating to the adult and gerontologic patient with cardiovascular disorders. This program includes many nursing considerations with administration of cardiovascular pharmacologic agents.
- Assessment and Diagnostic Pearls
- Advanced Concepts in Heart Failure
- Valvular Disease Updates
- Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy
- Complex Concepts in ACS / CAD
- The Connected Heart (Brain, Kidneys, Lungs)
- Arrhythmias and Treatment Updates
- Obstructive Shock Recognition
At the completion of this program, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss tools to enhance clinical history and physical assessment in patients with actual or potential cardiovascular disease.
- Evaluate guideline updates in heart failure for implementation into practice.
- Identify strategies to decrease heart failure readmissions.
- Determine strategies for the treatment of comorbid diseases impacting the patient with heart failure with preserved left ventricular ejection fraction.
- Analyze the impact of sleep disorder breathing and iron deficiency on patients with heart failure.
- Contrast traditional valvular heart disease with the new interventional approaches.
- Examine the latest approaches to the recognition and treatment of Tako Tsubo Syndrome.
- Evaluate guideline updates in acute coronary syndromes and coronary artery disease.
- Examine new guidelines aimed at improving cardiovascular risk related to hyperlipidemia.
- Utilize criteria to differentiate the 5 types of cardiorenal syndrome.
- Critique practice changes identified in the ACC/AHA Atrial Fibrillation Guideline updates.
- Compare ECG morphologic changes of ventricular tachycardia with the ECG morphologic changes of SVT with aberrant conduction.
- Differentiate AVNR Tachycardia from AVR Tachycardia utilizing identified ECG findings.
- Correlate the life-saving treatment strategies required for cardiothoracic emergencies to the critical need for rapid diagnosis and intervention.
14.75 hours of continuing education (contact hours) will be offered with this program, which includes 2.0 hour of pharmacology CE. All 14.75 hours meets criteria for advanced practice nurses who care for adult patients. CNEA is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number 15714.
Click here for course price
Excellence Starts Here
Keep up-to-date with live classes, products, promotions, practice pearls and online courses.
Sign up today and receive a FREE GIFT, an exclusive offer available only to new subscribers:
Top 10 Lessons Learned in over 100 years of Combined Nursing Experience