Cardiac Rhythm Management: Beyond the Basics
Presented by: Karen Marzlin
This 1-day course is Session 2 of the Institute of Cardiovascular Excellence (IOCE) and is included in the purchase of the IOCE 8-session program. Excellence in Cardiac Arrhythmia Management maybe purchased here as a stand-alone program.
This course takes you beyond the basics in arrhythmia recognition and management. The course is appropriate for advanced practice nurses, nurses, and monitor technicians who want to expand their current knowledge of cardiac arrhythmias in adult patients beyond the basics. Prerequisite knowledge: Basic understanding of cardiac conduction and basic arrhythmia interpretation. (P waves, QRS complexes, normal intervals). See detailed outline below for course content.
- Bradycardias and Heart Blocks – Recognition Clues and Treatment Strategies
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Narrow Complex SVT
- Wide Complex Tachycardias
- Prolonged QT (Congenital and Acquired)
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Compare and contrast arrhythmias of conduction abnormality with arrhythmias of abnormal impulse initiation.
- Discuss the physiologic mechanism of AV blocks.
- Review primary treatment strategies in atrial fibrillation.
- Differentiate VT from SVT with aberrancy utilizing morphological clues on the ECG.
- Review the action potential as it relates to the effect of antiarrhythmic medications
7.5 hours of continuing education (contact hours) will be offered with this program, which includes 1.0 hour of pharmacology CE. CNEA is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number 15714
Click here for course price
Excellence Starts Here
Keep up-to-date with live classes, products, promotions, practice pearls and online courses.
Sign up today and receive a FREE GIFT, an exclusive offer available only to new subscribers:
Top 10 Lessons Learned in over 100 years of Combined Nursing Experience