The Connected Heart
Presented by: Karen Marzlin
This one-day course is session 8 of the Institute of Cardiovascular Excellence and is included in the purchase of this 8-session program. It is also offered as a standalone course and may be purchased here.
- Ventilation, Perfusion and Diffusion
- Relationship of Oxygenation to Hemoglobin
- Oxygenation Delivery to the Tissues
- Acid Base Balance
- Renal Anatomy and Physiology
- Cardiorenal Syndrome
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Patient Management
- Limb Ischemia
- Aortic Disease
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Differentiate ventilation from perfusion deficits in the pulmonary circuit.
- Differentiate metabolic from respiratory disorders utilizing blood gas data.
- Identify pathophysiology of acute respiratory failure.
- Describe the five types of cardiorenal syndrome.
- Review key features of acute kidney injury and chronic kidney disease.
- Discuss treatment strategies for acute kidney injury.
- Recognize signs and symptoms of acute limb ischemia
7.5 hours of continuing education (contact hours) are offered with this program. CNEA is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number 15714.
Click here for course price
Excellence Starts Here
Keep up-to-date with live classes, products, promotions, practice pearls and online courses.
Sign up today and receive a FREE GIFT, an exclusive offer available only to new subscribers:
Top 10 Lessons Learned in over 100 years of Combined Nursing Experience