Heart Failure Boot Camp: The Art and Science of Care
Presented by: Karen Marzlin and Cynthia Webner
Are you tired of struggling with repeat admissions? Do you have a heart of compassion for patients and families who are overwhelmed by the complexity of our healthcare systems? When it comes to heart failure care, you may feel you lack the right answers to solve the vast number of challenges facing clinicians, patients, and families. You may be frustrated that your efforts do not always seem to have the impact you had hoped for. It is complicated to navigate the path to optimal outcomes.
Join us on this journey of merging the art and science of heart failure care to impact the lives of millions of patients and those who love them. No one will finish empty handed. This program is for nurses at the point of care, leaders and educators, advanced practice providers, and all members of the interdisciplinary team. Your practice will change as you intentionally translate new knowledge into wisdom that can be applied to impact outcomes.
This course provides up to date, evidence-based practice education specific to heart failure care. The course covers the care of the heart failure patient from prevention to end of life and in all settings throughout the continuum.
If your goal is heart failure certification this course will prepare you. If you are already certified, our Heart Failure Boot Camp: The Art and Science of Care provides 14.50 hours of heart failure specific education that will also meet criteria for your recertification as a Certified Heart Failure Nurse.
This program is for you if you wish to:
- Enhance your knowledge and skills related to caring for the patient with heart failure.
- Participate in a review course as you prepare to sit for the American Association of Heart Failure Nurses CHFN (Certified Heart Failure Nurse) exam.
- Participate in Heart Failure specific continuing education.
- Heart Failure Epidemiology Pathophysiology, Assessment, and Diagnosis
- Treatment Strategies in the Patient with Heart Failure
- Acute Decompensated Heart Failure
- Stage D Advanced Heart Failure
- Patient Education and Professional Issues in Heart Failure
- Co-Morbid Conditions Impacting the Patient with Heart Failure
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the pathophysiology of heart failure and how the body’s compensatory mechanisms contribute to progression of heart failure.
- Contrast pathophysiology for heart failure with reduced ejection fraction to heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.
- Describe the NYHA classification system and the ACC/AHA stages of heart failure.
- Recognize heart failure through physical assessment and diagnostic test results.
- Synthesize knowledge required for pharmacological management of all stages of heart failure based on current evidence-based guidelines including prescriber specific considerations.
- Evaluate nonpharmacological management of all stages of heart failure based on current evidence-based guidelines.
- Apply physical exam findings and other data to the evaluation of the patient’s hemodynamic status.
- Differentiate the 3 primary presentations of acute decompensated heart failure.
- Outline treatment strategies for acute decompensated heart failure including prescriber specific considerations.
- Compare treatment options in the patient with Stage D Heart Failure.
- Review patient education and self-care management strategies for heart failure patients.
- Consider implementation strategies to improve the coordination of the delivery of comprehensive heart failure care.
- Recognize the impact of comorbid conditions on the development and continued impact of heart failure.
14.9 hours of continuing education (contact hours) are awarded for completion of this program and this includes 5.25 pharmacology hours. CNEA is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number 15714.
Bring this program to your hospital. Contact CNEA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excellence Starts Here
Keep up-to-date with live classes, products, promotions, practice pearls and online courses.
Sign up today and receive a FREE GIFT, an exclusive offer available only to new subscribers:
Top 10 Lessons Learned in over 100 years of Combined Nursing Experience