Cardiac Arrhythmia Management (7.5 CE)
Presented by: Karen Marzlin
Save money! CNEA offers a 12 month subscription that includes ALL our online CE courses. Access to more than 240 CEs for one price. Click here to learn more.
Do you want increased confidence in your rhythm interpretation skills and in your response to a change in your patient’s cardiac rhythm? This course will sharpen your rhythm interpretation skills and give you certainty in response to a change in your patient’s cardiac rhythm. This is a newly recorded in 2022 – Comprehensive Rhythm Management course. This course takes you beyond the basics in arrhythmia recognition and management. The course is appropriate for advanced practice nurses, nurses, and monitor technicians who want to expand their current knowledge of cardiac arrhythmias in adult patients beyond the basics. Prerequisite knowledge: Basic understanding of cardiac conduction and basic arrhythmia interpretation. (P waves, QRS complexes, normal intervals). See detailed outline below for course content.
- Bradycardias and Heart Blocks – Recognition Clues and Treatment Strategies
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Narrow Complex SVT
- Wide Complex Tachycardias
- Prolonged QT (Congenital and Acquired)
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Compare and contrast arrhythmias of conduction abnormality with arrhythmias of abnormal impulse initiation.
- Discuss the physiologic mechanism of AV blocks.
- Review primary treatment strategies in atrial fibrillation.
- Differentiate VT from SVT with aberrancy utilizing morphological clues on the ECG.
- Review the action potential as it relates to the effect of antiarrhythmic medications
7.5 hours of continuing education (contact hours) will be offered with this program, which includes 1.0 hour of pharmacology CE. CNEA is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number 15714.
Online classes are available for 12 month access.
Excellence Starts Here
Keep up-to-date with live classes, products, promotions, practice pearls and online courses.
Sign up today and receive a FREE GIFT, an exclusive offer available only to new subscribers.