The 3rd Edition of Cardiovascular Nursing Practice is published in 6 separate books that can be purchased individually or as a complete set.
Introducing Book #1: Cardiac Arrhythmias & 12 Lead Electrocardiography
Cardiac Arrhythmias and 12 Lead Electrocardiography will guide you to mastery in cardiac rhythm and 12 lead ECG interpretation. The 3rd edition contains brand new content including:
- New section on sinus node dysfunction
- New tables summarizing updated guidelines for treatment of atrial, junctional, and ventricular arrhythmias
- Expanded information on differential diagnosis of wide QRS tachycardias
- New section on mechanisms of arrhythmias
- New sections on leadless pacemakers and pacemaker syndrome
- New section on His bundle pacing
- New section on wearable cardioverter defibrillators
This book will allow you to grow from Novice to Expert. If you are a new graduate or a seasoned APRN, this book has what you need to achieve your clinical goals.
You can purchase this new release in a print version or in an electronic version (Kindle or EPUB) for use with your favorite e-reader.
This book can be purchased with the option of earning 25.0 CE. The CE process is paperless with online access to the post test, evaluation, and CE certificate at the time of purchase.
- Detailed description and example rhythm strips for all basic cardiac arrhythmias: sinus, atrial, supraventricular tachycardias, junctional, ventricular, AV blocks, asystole, and bundle branch blocks.
- Differential diagnosis of wide QRS beats and tachycardias
- Accessory pathways
- Bedside cardiac monitoring
- Mechanisms of arrhythmias
12 Lead Electrocardiography
- Anatomy of a 12 lead ECG, how each lead records electrical activity, and the 12 views of the heart
- Normal and abnormal ECG waveforms and intervals
- Calculating the QRS axis
- Fascicular blocks (hemiblocks)
- Chamber enlargement
- Ischemia, injury and infarction; locating the infarct on the ECG
- Preexcitation syndromes
- Brugada syndrome
- Long QT syndromes
- Drug and electrolyte effects on the ECG
Electrical Management of Arrhythmias
- Defibrillation and cardioversion
- Single chamber pacemakers
- Dual chamber pacemakers
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillators
- Wearable defibrillators
- Electrophysiology studies and ablation for arrhythmias