Arterial and Venous Disease Overview
Presented by: Karen Marzlin
There is a high prevalence of vascular disease in the patients we serve and there are serious associated clinical consequences. This course provides a comprehensive overview of the recognition and management of common clinical problems in patients with arterial and venous disease. Detailed content is outlined below. This short course was recorded as part of the Cardiac Vascular Nursing Certification Review Course and is being offered as an individual CE offering for those not purchasing the CVN Review Course.
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
- Risk for PAD
- Physical Assessment
- Diagnostic Evaluation
- Critical Limb Ischemia
- Acute Limb Ischemia
- Treatment for Lower Extremity PAD
- Aneurysms – Aortic Aneurysms
- Aortic Dissection
- Clinical Presentation
- Risk Factors
- Cerebral Circulation
- Stroke Classifications
- Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnostic Testing
- Treatment Strategies
- Subacute Care
- Venous Disease
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency
- Thromboembolic Disease
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Clinical Presentation
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- WHO Classifications
- Pulmonary arterial HTN
- Most common type of pulmonary HTN
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Outline recognition and treatment of peripheral arterial disease, critical limb ischemia, and acute arterial occlusion.
- Discuss the risk factors for, pathophysiology, potential complications, and treatment options for abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Describe symptoms and exam finding associated with acute aortic dissection.
- Explain the rationale for both heart control and blood pressure control in the medical management of aortic dissection.
- Review the prevention and treatment of patients with venous thromboembolic disease.
- Contrast acute central pulmonary embolus from peripheral pulmonary embolus.
- Differentiate the etiologies of WHO Class I, II, III, and IV for pulmonary HTN.
2.75 hours of continuing education (contact hours) are offered with this program. CNEA is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number 15714.
Click here for course price
Excellence Starts Here
Keep up-to-date with live classes, products, promotions, practice pearls and online courses.
Sign up today and receive a FREE GIFT, an exclusive offer available only to new subscribers:
Top 10 Lessons Learned in over 100 years of Combined Nursing Experience