Online Courses"Your Educational Journey Starts Here"
Institutional Access: Suggested Institutional Curricula
Hospitals, practices, and universities customize our institutional on line learning to meet their specific needs. Browse our menu of options over the next several pages. We provide examples of how our courses can be used within your organization to equip participants to deliver the highest quality patient care for the achievement of exceptional outcomes.
Utilize a combination of our skill based programs to deliver consistent training for all personnel. New employees receive the exact same information as existing staff. All programs require successful completion of a post-test to validate learning.
- Basic Arrhythmia Interpretation for Nursing and Technical Personnel
- 12 Lead ECG: Essential Skills for Practice
- Bedside Cardiac Monitoring
- Heart Sound Assessment
Novice to Expert Development
CNEA offers hundreds of hours of continuing education on a wide variety of critical care and cardiovascular topics. Topics include assessment, skills, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and disease management and there are variety of program lengths. Organizations can customize the programs to create a Novice to Expert continuing education program based on the specific needs of their unit, practice, or service line. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help put together a package specific to your educational needs.
Customize your own competency programs. Utilizing CNEA institutional products as part of an ongoing competency program exposes your staff to national expertise and simplifies the delivery and record keeping involved in competency assessment. All staff receive consistent training and all educational programs require staff to complete a posttest to assess knowledge obtained from each learning activity.
CCU Core Training
Utilize our Institute of Cardiovascular Excellence program to prepare nurses with foundational knowledge and skills for excellence in cardiovascular care.
Session 1: Comprehensive Cardiovascular Pharmacology
Session 2: Excellence in Cardiac Rhythm Management
Session 3: Cardiac Diagnostics Bootcamp
Session 4: All Things Coronary Artery Disease and Acute Coronary Syndromes
Session 5: Everything Heart Failure and Hypertension
Session 6: Pathophysiology Potpourri: Valvular, Inflammatory, Myopathies, Channelopathies & Obstructive Shock
Session 7: 12 Lead ECG Mastery
Session 8: The Connected Heart: Cardiopulmonary, Cardiorenal, and Cardiovascular
Increase the knowledge and skill level of all staff by engaging them in certification preparation for their specialty. The knowledge and skill gained in these programs will be translated into clinical practice and result in improved quality outcomes. Your investment in certification preparation also supports your Magnet and Beacon journeys. Our certification preparation courses do more than prepare nurses for successful exam taking – our courses equip nurses for excellence in patient care.
- Critical Care Certification (CCRN)
- Cardiac Vascular Nursing (CVN) Certification
- Cardiac Medicine Certification (CMC)
- Heart Failure Certification (CHFN)
APRN Onboarding / Practice
- CNEA recommends the Institute of Cardiovascular Excellence for Onboarding of APRNs new to cardiology. This series of 8 classes is taught by APRNs with inpatient and outpatient cardiology experience and expertise.
- We recommend the APRN package for APRNs who have foundational cardiac knowledge and skills and who want to expand their clinical reasoning and expertise.
- CNEA offers a 2 Day CV Pharmacology Course to meet advanced practice pharmacology requirements.
University Schools of Nursing
Utilize CNEAs online education program to supplement your curriculum.
Basic Arrhythmia Interpretation, Pulmonary Practice Principles, and Hemodynamics are ideal programs for the undergraduate critical care courses. 12 Lead ECG Interpretation, Cardiovascular Pharmacology and Cardiac Diagnostics, and Rhythm Interpretation Beyond the Basics are ideal for advanced practice programs.
Disease State Management / Accreditation Standards / Quality Improvement
Utilize our institutional programs to support quality improvement for specific populations or to meet educational requirements for disease state accreditation. Examples include:
- Heart Failure: CNEA’s Heart Failure Boot Camp offers 14.75 CE of heart failure specific education. This program prepares nurses to improve the quality of heart failure care and arms them with knowledge to champion organizational quality improvement, disease state management, and accreditation programs.
- Chest Pain Accreditation: CNEA offers 12 Lead ECG programs ranging from essential to advanced skills. These ECG skills can be combined with our acute coronary syndrome course to meet accreditation standards for Chest Pain Accreditation.
Excellence Starts Here
Keep up-to-date with live classes, products, promotions, practice pearls and online courses.
Sign up today and receive a FREE GIFT, an exclusive offer available only to new subscribers:
Top 10 Lessons Learned in over 100 years of Combined Nursing Experience
Cardiovascular Nursing Education Associates
Exceptional Nurses, Exceptional Patient Care